Wood Therapy Massage
A quick-paced technique which combines lymphatic drainage and wooden tools. A fun, relaxing, and confidence-boosting treatment.
Wood therapy is an intensive yet relaxing technique involving unique tools, oil and massage. Wooding offers numerous benefits, including improved lymphatic drainage and connective tissue health – a different way to “shake up” your self-care routine.
Pricing for Wood Therapy Massage
*Rates do not include 13% HST
You want to start fresh
Try wood therapy if you are feeling curious, sluggish, or bloated, amongst other reasons and need a “restart.” This flushing and stimulating form of self-care might give you the gentle boost you need to take better care of yourself.
You have residual lumps & bumps after liposuction
After liposuction, wood therapy can help break down residual fibrosis. Before booking a session, please wait at least eight weeks post-liposuction or ensure you're pain and swelling-free.
You’re retaining water
The combination of MLD and wooding helps reduce water retention. Wooding softens and manipulates restricted tissues, improving circulation and micro-nutrition. MLD stimulates vessels to drain excess fluid. Water retention is normal and occurs for many reasons, including certain medications, diet, hormonal imbalance, inflammation, and health conditions involving the heart, kidney, or liver.
You want to try something new
If you want something new that will positively affect your health, I encourage you to try it at least once.
Wood therapy pairs well with MLD massage: aiming to soften tissues, improve mobility and lymphatic drainage.
- Tender or bulging varicose veins
- Dysfunctional lymphatic system conditions
- Lymphedema and Lipedema
- Infection, open wounds, rashes
- Psoriasis, acne, eczema, fragile skin
- Cancer, tumours and large cysts
- Peripheral arterial disease, Deep vein thrombosis
- Congestive heart failure
- Low-function kidney and renal failure
- Osteoporosis, arthritis - acute
- Conditions involving steroid or blood thinner medication
- Diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, umbilical hernia
What if I need to cancel or reschedule my appointment?
You may change or cancel your appointment online up to 48 hours before your massage. You are unable to change reservations online if you are outside this 48 hour window. Please note that the office is closed on weekends, and voicemails will be listened to on the following Monday.
Do you offer direct billing?
Yes, direct billing is offered for Blue Cross, the Telus Health Group, Medavie, and Sunlife, as long as:
- Your appointment is within reception hours, and
- You provide your insurance information beforehand
If you forget and give your details on the day of your massage, the receptionist might be able to submit it on your behalf, but most likely will store it on file and have it ready for next time!
Please note direct billing is not available for mobile massage treatment, but you can submit the receipt to your insurance plan.
Is wood therapy massage helpful after liposuction?
Yes. Wood therapy can help with fibrosis and tissue softening after liposuction. It is performed on the legs, arms, abdomen, and flank about eight weeks post-op. Remember that you cannot have any pain in the area receiving the wooding.
Can wood therapy massage be used for specific conditions?
Yes, for example:
- Wood therapy can help relax muscle tension, connective tissue restrictions, and pain after heavy gym workouts. Especially helpful with tense legs and buttocks.
- Wood therapy can help improve the appearance of fibrosis and lumps that sometimes happen with liposuction, usually on the abdomen or flank. Fibrosis often feels hard, the skin can have a puckered appearance.
- Wood therapy and lymphatic drainage help reduce water retention, such as in the abdomen, hips and legs. I suggest a follow-up session with lymphatic drainage for a more focused treatment for consistent water retention and bloating issues.
Is wood therapy painful?
No. Some clients experience tenderness, such as with very dense cellulite, but the treatment shouldn't be painful. Sensitivity usually diminishes with each session as circulation and skin health improves.