Hello! I have been a registered massage therapist since 2007. I graduated from the Okanagan Valley College of Massage Therapy in Vernon BC. I have additional training as a certified Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) therapist. I am fortunate to have helped many unique and wonderful people from all walks of life live their best life possible. It is my belief that regular massage integrated with healthy lifestyle choices will reduce stress and promote a more balanced life. See you soon!
I am based out of Flow Lymphatic Health Clinic; located at W Broadway & Willow Street in Vancouver. This reputable and charming 5 room clinic offers both registered massage therapy and manual lymph drainage. Additional services include osteopathy, nutrition, life coaching, & acupuncture. A balance of friendliness and professionalism makes it an ideal place for you to de-stress and get a personalized treatment for your individual needs.
Unit 1803 – 805 West Broadway,
Vancouver, BC, V5Z 1H2
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday. 7 am to 2 pm. Please follow the booking button, it will take you to Flow Lymphatic Health clinic website.
What are the benefits of a massage?
- breaks down adhesions and scar tissue
- eases joint and chronic or acute muscle pain
- improves poor range of motion and limited flexibility
- assists with structural misalignment and poor body posture
- learn homecare such as postural exercises/stretches to improve a condition
- eases headaches and general muscle tension
- sleep disturbances, anxiety, depression and general improved mood
- pre and post pregnancy
- sports enthusiasts of all ages
- car crash related injuries i.e whiplash
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, arthritis, fibromyalgia and chronic pain management
- AND much much more!
What are the benefits of manual lymph drainage (MLD)?
- overall wellness related to stress, chronic pain and tension
- improved general breast health
- minimize swelling and pain from athletic injuries such as ankle sprains
- assist with digestive disorders such as bloating
- aid in minimizing the looks of scars and stretch marks
- improve health of skin including acne and other skin conditions
- reduce bruising and swelling from pre and post surgery
- decrease swelling related to lymphedema
- follow up after cancer treatment, help to reduce risk of lymphedema
- help with TMJ, headaches and concussions
- assist with pregnancy related swelling
- go to www.lymphatichealthclinic.com for more information!
For the treatment of:• chronic and acute pain
• restricted movement and muscle/postural imbalances
• headaches and general muscle tension
• sports and motor crash injuries
Whether sitting long hours at the office or pushing yourself a little too hard at the gym, a therapeutic tissue massage is a fantastic way to deal with aches and pains. My treatment breaks down adhesions between skin, fascia, muscle fibers, ligaments and tendons, without continuous, heavy pressure. Instead, quick and deeper stripping motions are used to reduce unhealthy restrictions and knots in deep and superficial muscle tissue. This improves blood flow to the muscles, relieves pain, improves muscle function and movement.
For the treatment of:• sleep disturbances
• anxiety and depression
• general stress and wellbeing
• acute and chronic pain
• general muscle tension and headaches
Life can be stressful and demanding. A relaxation massage is the perfect gift to yourself to re-energize and relax! It not only relieves muscle tension, increases circulation and reduces stress, it also improves mood, sleep and boosts energy levels. From a soothing head to toe massage or a deeper therapeutic approach, this technique offers benefits for everyone.
Lymphatic Drainage Massage
What is Lymphatic Drainage Massage?
For the treatment of:• reducing risk of lymphedema after cancer treatment
• lessening swelling due to lymphedema
• minimize swelling and inflammation post surgery or injury
A gentle, oil-free massage technique which helps improve healing by bringing oxygen and nutrients to compromised areas. Rhythmical, circular and precise hand movements are performed. It works by stretching skin towards lymph flow, if necessary re-directing it to a different area in the body. Lymphatic massage helps remove harmful substances, scar tissue, and pain-causing chemicals. If you are curious about this technique, a combination of lymphatic and Swedish massage can be combined for an individualized treatment depending on your needs.
For the treatment of:• restricted range of motion
• conditions such as arthritis, osteoarthritis and adhesive capsulitis
• general muscle tension and stiff joints
Stretching is a safe and efficient way to enhance both active and passive range of motion of joints. Methods range from static stretching (by placing the limb in a pain free lengthened position) to Contract Relax stretching which involves contracting the opposing muscle followed by an isometric contraction of the shortened or tightened muscle. Stretching is helpful for everyone who wants better flexibility, less pain and a better quality of life to do what makes you happy.
For the treatment of:• low back pain and headaches
• disrupted sleep and general wellbeing
• anxiety or depression
• general aches and pains with changing posture
Congratulations on this wonderful time in your life! Pregnancy brings a lot of changes to mom’s body, especially in the first and third trimester. My treatment will be tailored to how you are feeling that day and is geared to provide you with some well-deserved relaxation and increased comfort. Pregnancy cushions are used if desired on the table.
For the treatment of:• muscle pain and tension
• postural and muscle imbalances
• stiffness and limited flexibility
By using a sustained pressure or light stripping motions, tender “trigger points” in the muscles are treated to reduce pain and protective guarding. A positive change will increase blood flow, reduce pain, nerve compression and improve postural biomechanics.
For the treatment of:• muscle and soft tissue pain
• restricted range of motion
The entire body is made of connective tissue - including muscles, tendons, ligaments, and skin, which can store physical trauma for a long time. The body is full of layers, the myofascial layer is on top and sometimes needs to be treated before the deeper muscle layers can be massaged. Myofascial release is a relatively gentle way to relax these restrictions and improve overall health and function.
90 minutes of massage therapy
75 minutes of massage therapy
60 minutes of massage therapy
45 minutes of massage therapy
30 minutes of massage therapy
Want to make life a little bit easier? If you forget to provide this information prior to your first massage appointment, no problem I can bill your next appointment for you.
Billing available for Pacific Blue Cross, Canadian Construction Workers Union, Canada Life, Chambers of Commerce, CINUP, Claim Secure, Cowan, Desjardins, Empire Life, First Canadian, GMS Carrier 49 & 50, Green Shield, GroupHEALTH, GroupSOURCE, Industrial Alliance, Johnson, Johnston Group, LiUNA Local 183 & 506, Manion, Manulife, Maximum Benefit, Medavie Blue Cross, Medic Construction, SSQ Insurance, Sunlife Financial, and TELUS AjudiCare.
Unfortunately for reasons beyond our control, you may need to cancel your appointment. To keep things fair for both parties, the cancellation policy is as follows:
- More than 24 hours notice, there is no charge
- Less than 24 hours notice or missed appointments, you will be responsible for the full cost of the treatment. Online cancellations are available if done 24 hours or more prior to your appointment time. Otherwise please call the office at 604 875 8695.